UP/PG/PhD Admissions to Central University of Kerala are done based on the CUCET ranking.
About CUCET 2017: Central Universities Common Entrance Test is an all-India test being organized by ten Central Universities together, for admission to about 401 Integrated UG/PG, Post-graduate & Research Programmes in these Universities. CUCET provides a single window opportunity to the students to seek admission to about 401 programmes across ten Universities.
Name of Exam: Central Universities Common Entrance Test commonly known as CUCET 2017
Exam type: National Level
Exam category: UG/PG/Ph D admissions for 2017 in
Exemption from CUCET 2017 for Ph. D in CU Kerala
Candidates who are exempted from entrance test in the category of UGC JRF holders and those entitled to similar fellowships, which have to be claimed within a specified time frame can submit their applications at any time during the academic year. Their admission is however contingent on their successful performance at the interview held for this purpose by the Departmental Research Committee.
At present the following candidates are exempted from taking the CUCET 2017 for Ph D admission in CU Kerala:
- Candidates qualified under INSPIRE/ UGC-CSIR JRF or NET/ ICMR/ GATE (with valid date and score)/ ICAR/ DBT/NBHM/ ICSSR/ and KSCSTE recognized for the purpose by the University.
- Candidates with research fellowships awarded by a Governmental agency/ Government of India.
- Foreign students self-funded or sponsored by a Governmental agency, subject to clearance by Government of India.
- Students of Indian origin, working in an overseas institution/laboratory and involved in a collaborative research programme with a Research Guide of this University
- Students engaged in a sandwich doctoral programme of collaborative research between this University and another institution as approved by the Executive Council.
- Teachers of Universities/Aided Colleges/Government or Quasi-Government institutions, Scientists or others who are holding academic/ research positions in Universities or in Government/Governmental institutions/Laboratories in India equivalent to that of an Assistant Professor with a minimum continuous service of three years as permanent employees provided that they are willing to join as full-time scholars and spend a minimum period of one year in that capacity.
- All M. Phil. Degree holders with a minimum CGPA of 6.0 provided they have completed course work as part of their M.Phil. as per 2009 UGC regulations.
- For more details about CUCET 2017, please visit: https://www.cucet2017.co.in/WebPages/StaticPages/Home.aspx
- For more details about participating universities and programmes offered: https://www.cucet2017.co.in/WebPages/StaticPages/ParticipatingUniverstity.aspx
- To apply for CUCET 2017: https://www.cucet2017.co.in/WebPages/DynamicPages/Login.aspx